UK’s Secretive Spy Agency Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) has open-sourced one of its tools on code-sharing website GitHub for free…
Gaffer and its Functionalities
- Allow the creation of graphs with summarised properties within Accumulo with a very less amount of coding.
- Allow flexibility of stats that describe the entities and edges.
- Allow easy addition of nodes and edges.
- Allow quicker retrieval of data on nodes of interest.
- Deal with data of different security levels – all data has a visibility, which is used to restrict who can access data based on their authorizations.
- Support automatic age-off of data.
Why GCHQ Open Sourced its Code?
It’s pretty unusual for one of the most secretive intelligence agencies to release computer code online for anyone to use for free.